18 May 2011

Exercise: Variety with a low sun

It's been a few weeks since I published work but things have been hectic at work and although I have been taking photographs I have missed opportunities to post.  This exercise asked us to examine the properties of a low sun, ie the 'Golden Hour', but basically within 2 hours of sun rise or sun set.  We were asked to display at least four photographs demonstrating frontal, side, back and edge lighting.

Frontal

Side

  Back

Edge


Going through these images I am a little disappointed as I really don't think I made best use of the light quality so, if I have time, I shall revisit this exercise and re-shoot some of the photos.  However, as a learning exercise I felt that I got the point and enjoyed working in the lovely light that was present.  Some of the other images that I took at the time are below.

  




One thing I always love is the buttery quality stone takes under the orange tints that the setting sun gives.

No comments:

Post a Comment